For patients with allergic rhinitis, the season of spri […]
For patients with allergic rhinitis, the season of spring blossoms is undoubtedly a test. Allergen-induced allergic inflammation of the nasal mucosa, such as pollen, can cause symptoms such as paroxysmal sneezing, clear watery nose, itchy nose and nasal congestion, affecting sleep and daily life. Next, I will introduce you to the correct usage of rhinitis spray.
Nasal spray is a common pharmaceutical dosage form for the treatment of allergic rhinitis. It can spray the liquid directly onto the surface of the nasal mucosa. It has good curative effect, small dosage and few side effects. Nasal spray is a special drug delivery device. Mastering the correct method of use can ensure the efficacy and reduce adverse reactions. The specific steps are as follows:
1. Wash your hands;
2. Clean the nasal cavity, cleanse the nasal secretions, and ensure that the drug reaches the nasal cavity effectively;
3. Gently shake the bottle and remove the cap. Hold the bottom of the sprayer with your thumb, press the shoulder of the index finger and the middle to the bottom;
4. If it is used for the first time or not used for more than 1 week, spray the air a few times until the liquid is sprayed out;
5. The head is slightly tilted forward and perpendicular to the sprayer;
6. Use the contralateral hand to take the medicine, and the other hand to hold the nostril without spraying (to avoid accidental injury to the nasal septum), such as spraying the left nostril, taking the medicine with the right hand, and pressing the left thumb with the right nostril; 7. Inhaling with the nose Spray the aerosol and exhale with the mouth;
8. If you need to take more medicines, change hands and repeat step 6 on the other side of the nostrils; the number of medications and frequency should be prescribed;
9. After use, wipe the nozzle with a clean paper towel and replace the dust cover.
After a nasal spray has been used for a week or more, the nozzle may become clogged. Never use a needle to poke the nozzle to prevent damage to the nozzle, resulting in the inability to release the correct dose of the drug. The nozzle can be gently removed, soaked in warm water, rinsed, and rinsed under water.
After cleaning, the nozzle can be dried or placed in a warm space to dry, the nozzle is restored to the bottle body, and the dust cover is covered. When using for the first time after cleaning, you need to press the sprayer 2 times to restart.
More: Rhinitis Spray